[Neobrahmigp] [Ext] Re: Bangla LGR version 4.3 dated 13 October 2019

Haseeb Rahman haseeb at professionals.com.bd
Tue Oct 15 06:35:24 UTC 2019

Dear all,
Can we have a short call in bangla with NBGP Bangla community( with
co-chair), regarding this issue?
regards
haseeb

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 10:52, Dr. Ajay Data <ajay at data.in> wrote:

> Hello Pitinan
>
> Minutes and actions should always be as per our NGP call and take action
> accordingly.
>
> When we hear feedback from IP, we can have another call and records other
> suggestions including what is suggested by Mamun.
>
> Let's move as discussed over the call.
>
> Best wishes.
>
> Ajay
>
> On October 14, 2019 10:07:56 PM GMT+05:30, Pitinan Kooarmornpatana <
> pitinan.koo at icann.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Mamun,
>>

>> Thank you for your email.
>>
>> I noted your comment. If this is the NBGP decision, I can certainly help
>> with the editing accordingly. However, this is deviated from the recorded
>> NBGP conclusion and it is not available as per the standards today.
>>

>> Therefore, kindly allow me to suggest an alternative modification.  One
>> way we can do it is to add your comment explicitly in the repertoire table
>> for each sequence. For example: At the sequence U+09A1 U+09BC, add comment “*09DC
>> is the preferred code point, however it is not available for LGR as per the
>> standards at the moment of this LGR developmen*t”.
>>
>> This would capture the rational of NBGP decision more thoroughly. It also
>> provides some explanation why row #32, # 34 and #49 are not in the same
>> manner as row #67 #68.
>>

>> Kindly let us know would this work.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Pitinan
>>

>> *From: *Mohammad Mamun Or Rashid <mamunbd at juniv.edu>
>> *Date: *Monday, October 14, 2019 at 22:06
>> *To: *Pitinan Kooarmornpatana <pitinan.koo at icann.org>
>> *Cc: *"Neobrahmigp at icann.org" <Neobrahmigp at icann.org>
>> *Subject: *[Ext] Re: [Neobrahmigp] Bangla LGR version 4.3 dated 13
>> October 2019
>>

>> Dear Pitinan & All
>>
>> Please revise the repertoire, especially for the following character.
>>
>> *#*
>>

>> *CodePoint*
>>
>> *Glyph*
>>
>> *Script*
>>
>> *Name*
>>
>> 32
>>

>> U+09A1 U+09BC
>>
>> ড ় [ড়]
>>
>> Bengali
>>
>> BENGALI LETTER DDA BENGALI SIGN NUKTA
>>
>> 34
>>

>> U+09A2 U+09BC
>>
>> ঢ ় [ঢ়]
>>
>> Bengali
>>
>> BENGALI LETTER DDHA BENGALI SIGN NUKTA
>>
>> 49
>>

>> U+09AF U+09BC
>>
>> য ় [য়]
>>
>> Bengali
>>
>> BENGALI LETTER YA BENGALI SIGN NUKTA
>>
>> 67
>>

>> U+09CB
>>

>> Bengali
>>
>> BENGALI VOWEL SIGN O
>>
>> 68
>>

>> U+09CC
>>

>> Bengali
>>
>> BENGALI VOWEL SIGN AU

> [...]

Haseeb Rahman | CEO | Professionals’ Systems | +880 1671777772
Director:    Professionals Institute of Technology
Director:    Best corporation and training institute LTD.
Consultant: Bangla Academy
Organizing Secretory:   Bangladesh ICT Journalist Forum (BIJF)
Member : Amnesty International
                APNIC
                ICANN (NBGP)
                North Alpine Club Bangladesh (NACB)