[Npoc-discuss] Candidate Statement - Gloria Patricia Meneses

Gloria Meneses gpmeneses at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:36:48 UTC 2020

Dear Members.

Thank you very much for the postulation. I will do my best if I am be
elected. You can read my statement below

*Name:* Gloria Patricia Meneses Portilla
*Region of Residence:* South America, Temporarily based in Europe (Albania)
*Gender: *Female
*Affiliation:* Board member at Karisma Foundation and Member of Minka
Digital,  volunteer at Mozilla community (2009 - 2013), Free lance backend
developer and Big Data
*Position applied for:* Secretary
*Why am I running for the position:*
I have been involved with ICANN community as a fellow since 2014 and again
in 2018, when I joined to NPOC and become more active. Currently, I am
looking to be more involved in the community,  more active and provide
support to the members.

As I mentioned above, I have been involved with Karisma Foundation in
Colombia, which is a civic non profit organization that promotes human
right in digital environments and recently involved with Minka Digital, a
new born civic organization. For a long period of time, I was very active
at Mozilla community leading the local community in Colombia and as a
representative for Latin America.  Mozilla and Karisma showed me a wider
view of Internet, in fact, due to them, I got involved in Internet
Governance, attending different IGF events in my country, Latin America and
Globally.

*Conflicts of Interest:* None.
*Able to work per week:* 4-7h.
*Involvement in WG’s and PDPs: *No