[Npoc-discuss] Creating an NGO for NPOC in Estonia - with a bank account

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 16:40:30 UTC 2021

Dear members of NPOC,

For 2+ years we have been talking about setting up an NGO to have a legal
entity that is able to collect donations and other payments for projects
that NPOC is doing.

Some obvious benefits as an NGO include:

1) $10 000 Google ads money MONTHLY
2) To be able to accept donations and project funding from organisations
like the PIR
3) Having a registered NGO in Estonia means we can open a bank account
there and with the help of the Estonian digital citizenship (100€ per
person), we can manage our account from overseas AND change signatories for
it, without ever visiting Estonia after the organisation is registered.

What we need to do:

1) Finish the draft of the charter of the NGO.
2) Pay one Estonian guy 200€ for
- Translation
- processing our registration
- becoming board member for the first term
- putting his address as the address of the NGO
3) Paying for the registration of the NGO to the Estonian government (<€100)
4) Open a bank account and have two of three board members (two from NPOC
EC) get the Estonian digital citizenship
5) Pay €100 for each signatory
6) Pay €100 for me to go to Estonia and sort out the final steps in a day
or two.

So that's approximately 200 (Estonian guy) + 200 (two signatories) + 100
(registration fee) + 100 (My trip to Estonia) = €600 altogether

I am sure there will be questions for a big decision like this, so please,
let it rain! I'll try to answer them all, best to my knowledge. :)

-Raoul