[Npoc-discuss] ICANN70 is Coming Up! Details About New Features and Session Topics Are Inside Today's Newsletter.

Oreoluwa oreoluwa at wtec.org.ng
Fri Mar 19 06:30:00 UTC 2021

Good morning dear members,ICANN70 starts next week and we look forward to seeing you join the meetings. Remember it's compulsory to register. See below for some of the highlights. OreSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: ICANN <icann.communications at communications.icann.org> Date: 18/03/2021  20:28  (GMT+01:00) To: oreoluwa at wtec.org.ng Subject: ICANN70 is Coming Up! Details About New Features and Session Topics Are Inside Today's Newsletter.

‌

#ICANN70 Newsletter

MEETING SCHEDULE

TOP STORY

Bienvenidos y Bienvenidas a ICANN70

By Rodrigo DeLaParra
SVP, Global Stakeholder Engagement, Latin America and the Caribbean

Thank you for participating in the ICANN70 Virtual Community Forum! This Public Meeting was supposed to take place in my home country of Mexico. While I am disappointed that the community will not be able to enjoy the many charms of Cancún, I'm glad we can come together virtually to work towards progress on our important mission.

We all understand the importance of face-to-face interactions and look forward to a return to those interactions and to our region as soon as feasible.
I want to reiterate my sincere appreciation to our regional community for their support, patience, and understanding on this decision as the COVID-19 pandemic continues in almost all parts of the world.

Though the ICANN community will not physically be together, we now know that our virtual platform is the next best thing and will allow us to collaborate on our important work.

We will be holding our traditional LAC Space and will be coordinating interactions between our regional community and leaders from the different Advisory Committees and Supporting Organizations. If you are interested in learning more about how you can participate in our region’s activities, email our regional team at: lac_team_gse at icann.org. We will be happy to guide you and put you in contact with other staff or community members, as needed.

I encourage you to participate in ICANN70 in your language and I look forward to seeing you in many sessions!

ICANN70 SESSION PLANNING

ICANN70 Notable Sessions

Reminder: All ICANN70 sessions will be in the Cancún, Mexico, timezone (UTC -5)

Monday 22 March

Tech Day

Time: 9:00-16:00 (14:00-21:00 UTC)

At-Large Policy Session 1: The Future of ICANN's Mandate and the Development of the DNS: Voices of the Next Generation!

Time: 12:30-14:00 (17:30-19:00 UTC)

GNSO - Introduction: PDP to Review the Transfer Policy

Time: 14:30-16:00 (19:30-21:00 UTC)

DNS Women's Panel Discussion: Data Protection Laws

Time: 16:30-17:30 (21:30-22:30 UTC)

Tuesday 23 March

GAC Discussion on DNS Abuse Mitigation

Time: 9:00-10:00 (14:00-15:00 UTC)

RSSAC Work Session 1

Time: 9:00-10:00 (14:00-15:00 UTC)

ccNSO: Members Meeting Governance

Time: 10:30-12:00 (15:30-17:00 UTC)

LAC Space

Time: 12:30-14:00 (17:30-19:00 UTC)

Wednesday 24 March

DNSSEC and Security Workshop

Time: 9:00-14:00 (14:00-19:00 UTC)

At-Large Policy Session 3: Applicant Support: What Does Success Look Like?

Time: 10:30-12:00 (15:30-17:00 UTC)

GNSO Council Meeting

Time: 12:30-14:30 (17:30-19:30 UTC)

ccNSO Members Meeting: ccTLDs and the Future

Time: 14:30-17:30 (19:30-22:30 UTC)

Thursday 25 March

KINDNS Presentation and Workshop

Time: 9:00-10:00 (14:00-15:00 UTC)

Remediating Universal Acceptance Issues

Time: 9:00-10:00 (14:00-15:00 UTC)

SSAC Public Meeting

Time: 12:30-14:00 (17:30-19:00 UTC)

ICANN Public Board Meeting

Time: 16:30-17:30 (21:30-22:30 UTC)

Download the ICANN Meetings mobile app from the Google or Apple App Stores to view the schedule and engage with other participants.

Reminder: You must be registered to ICANN70 and signed in to the ICANN70 meeting site to view the full schedule.

Make your voice heard at the ICANN70 Public Forum.

Thursday 25 March
14:30-16:00 EST (19:30-21:00 UTC)

PLENARY SESSION AT ICANN70

Registry Voluntary Commitments: Getting It Right
Thursday 25 March
10:30-12:00 EST
15:30-17:00 UTC

JOIN THE FUN IN THE FIKA LOUNGE

Take a Break in the Fika Lounge

Discuss your favorite movie, a useful lifehack, or learn a new skill like origami.

Monday and Wednesday: 10:00-10:30 EST (15:00-15:30 UTC)

Tuesday and Thursday: 14:00-14:30 EST (19:00-19:30 UTC)

ICANN70 PARTICIPATION TOOLS

Explore the ICANN70 Participation Guide

Click here for details.

New ICANN70 Networking Tools

Navigating the Virtual Meeting

Monday 22 March
10:00-10:30 EST
(15:00-15:30 UTC)

Learn how to use the ICANN70 meeting website's new networking tools.

Watch our YouTube Video to learn how to view the schedule, create your own personal calendar, start conversations in sessions, and schedule virtual video meetings.

You now have the ability to book one-on-one meetings through the meeting site and join in community discussions via message boards, and more.

The ICANN Meetings team are hosting a live coffee break on Monday 22 March to demonstrate all the new participation features to facilitate virtual connections at ICANN70. Click the link above to join!

ICANN70 YouTube Livestream

Selected ICANN70 sessions will be livestreamed on YouTube as part of ICANN's continuing efforts to increase accessibility. These view-only livestreams provide a low-bandwidth alternative for attendees.

Click the link below to be connected to the livestream:

22 March: DNS Women's Panel Discussion: Data Protection Laws

23 March: LAC Space

24 March: GNSO Council Meeting

25 March: KINDNS Presentation & Workshop

25 March: Remediating Universal Acceptance Issues

25 March: Plenary Session: Registry Voluntary Commitments: Getting it Right

25 March: ICANN Public Forum

25 March: ICANN Public Board Meeting

VISIT ICANN'S LEARNING PLATFORM

New to ICANN Public Meetings?

Is ICANN70 going to be your first ICANN Public Meeting? Have you attended before but aren't sure which sessions to attend or groups to join? Do you have questions about how to get involved in a remote meeting?

If any of these are true, ICANN Learn has you covered!

Visit learn.icann.org and enroll in ICANN Public Meetings for Newcomers today. The course is free and open to all. It will introduce you to ICANN's mission and multistakeholder model, explain key terms, help you locate groups and sessions that may interest you, and provide tips so you can make the most of the experience.

ENGAGE WITH ICANN

Show Us Your Culinary Creations!

Get social at #ICANN70 and give us a taste of what you're cooking during the meeting.

Take a selfie with your pretty pastry or terrific tagine and tag it with #ICANNchef and #ICANN70.

The photos will be featured in our ICANN70 Flickr gallery!

VISIT ICANN'S SOCIAL MEDIA HUB! Click below to get started.

                    ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Dr., Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90094

                          Update Profile |
                          Our Privacy Policy |
                          Customer Contact Data Notice

                          Sent by