[Npoc-discuss] Nomination for Communications Chair Role

Adisa Bolutife adisa.b at digitalgrassroots.org
Thu May 27 05:51:12 UTC 2021

Dear Community members,

It is with great honor that I accept the nomination for the position of  Communications Chair. I'm humbled and see this as a call to service for a community we all believe in within the ICANN Org.

Kindly find my candidate’s response  to my nomination below:

Name:  Adisa Bolutife.

Affiliation:  Digital Grassroots

Position applied for:  Communications Committee Chair

Why you are running for the position?:

NPOC's work within the ICANN community holds an important role in having a very strong communication mechanism within which other stakeholders within the community relate to the work and interest of Not-for-Profit, Civil Society and Academics within the constituency. It is therefore very pertinent to connect with these other stakeholders and varied interests within the community to understand the work that NPOC does with the view of serving as a more vocal voice of reasoning and logic during engagements with other stakeholder groups.

I strongly believe in working with the leadership of the NPOC and all members' interests represented while building a bottom-up approach consensus to DNS Policy and realizing the ICANN's multistakeholder PDP actionable outcomes.

I do hope to bring in a diverse and proactive approach to service in the role I'm putting myself forward for.

I am also active within regional affiliations such as ISOC, AFRALO and the Internet Governance Forum, both nationally, regionally and globally. I also work as Program Manager for my local NRI.

My participation in different fora within the internet space has seen my continued contribution on internet governance policy issues ranging from data governance, Copyright and Intellectual Property,  Cyber Security, sustainable access, digital rights, media literacy, and development & capacity and other internet related issues which I believe is consistent with some of the concerns the NPOC has within the DNS industry.

In my professional experience from being an IT Engineer, Program Manager, Non-profit leader and technology trainer, I believe it puts me in a position to be of immense value to the Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC) in bringing my industry experience to bear from a technical perspective to serve in the role of communication's chair.

I look forward to serving the NPOC community in this role.

Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?:
No

How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position: 6+ hours

Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state: No

Thank you for your consideration, support.

Best regards,
Adisa Bolutife.

Co-founder,

Digital Grassroots.

Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/digitalgrassroots/| https://ar.linkedin.com/company/digitalgrassroots | https://twitter.com/digigrassroots | https://www.digitalgrassroots.org/

​

"We work to engage youth in addressing internet related issues in their communities through digital literacy, networking, and online activism."

___________________

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

___________________

---- On Tue, 25 May 2021 07:31:09 +0100 Oreoluwa via Npoc-discuss <npoc-discuss at icann.org> wrote ----

I would like to nominate Adisa Bolutife for the role of Communications Chair.

Adisa is the co-founder of Digital Grassroots, an organisation that improves digital literacy in underserved communities.

He was an ICANN NextGen participant at ICANN65 and a former ISOC youth fellow to the Internet Governance Forum in Geneva.

He currently serves as president of the Internet Society Youth Special Interest Group (Youth Observatory) and is passionate about Internet Governance and human rights.

Adisa would be an excellent addition to the NPOC leadership team and I hope he accepts the nomination.

Kind regards,

Ore

Oreoluwa Lesi

Executive Director

Women's Technology Empowerment Centre - W.TEC

Sent from my Galaxy

Npoc-discuss at icann.org