[Npoc-discuss] Public Comment Now Open on NPOC's Charter Amendement

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:12:47 UTC 2022

Hi Tapani,

I think what ICANN is trying to do is adopt the bottom-up process before
board ratification.

What I suspect is board wants a community-driven approach just like the
process of submitting a public comment and actioning on it.

I totally share your sentiments that we watch the comment space so that we
can defend the new chatter for adoption.

Therefore, we encourage members to just read and type if they support the
new charter or not in the comment section.

Also, the NCSG PC Chair Tomslin will definitely announce this to the wider
NCSG since we are a constituency under it.

Cheers

Caleb

On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 11:26 AM Tapani Tarvainen via Npoc-discuss <
npoc-discuss at icann.org> wrote:

> Thank you Caleb for highlighting this.
>
> This is a somewhat unusual comment for NPOC. In particular, it would
> make sense for individual NPOC members to submit comments (hopefully
> supporting the change), although it would also be very good to have
> NCSG submit a comment supporting it - our representatives in NCSG PC
> might bring that up there.
>
> Also, we should be watching to see if, let's say outsiders submit, er,
> unfriendly comments we may have to defend ourselves against.
>
> Tapani
>
> On Oct 06 10:22, Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele via Npoc-discuss (
> npoc-discuss at icann.org) wrote:
> >
> > Dear NPOC Members,
> >
> > On behalf of the NPOC EC, I will like to call our attention to the public
> > comment on NPOC's charter amendment which will close in about 40 days
> from
> > now.
> >

> https://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/proceeding/not-for-profit-operational-concerns-constituency-charter-amendments-04-10-2022
> >
> > We encourage our members to kindly head over to the public comment page
> > <
> https://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/proceeding/not-for-profit-operational-concerns-constituency-charter-amendments-04-10-2022
> >
> > and
> > make your voices heard before the charter is ratified by the board.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > --
> > *Caleb Ogundele*
> >
> > Email: muyiwacaleb at gmail.com