[Npoc-discuss] Concerns over DNS Blocking by the French Republic

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 20:10:50 UTC 2023

Dear NPOC Members,
This is not a public comment or call for one but concern about a draft bill
by the French Government on DNS Blocking.

https://medium.com/@vgcerf/concerns-over-dns-blocking-988ef546a100

Vint Cerf as we know wrote a medium post
<https://medium.com/@vgcerf/concerns-over-dns-blocking-988ef546a100>about
this and it will be nice for some of our members to keep tabs and share
their experiences.

As we know, laws passed in a European territory can have a spiral effect
and could be adopted by other EU countries.

Just in case we need strong compelling reasons about why we need to keep
tabs, here is NPOC's mission:

*NPOC focuses on the impact of DNS policies and their effects on the
operational readiness and implementation of non-commercial missions and
objectives.  NPOC members rely on the Internet and DNS policies to provide
valuable services to their communities.*

https://npoc.org/what-does-npoc-do/

Regards

Caleb

--