[Npoc-discuss] [NPOC-EC] Carbon neutral and NPOC

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 17:28:23 UTC 2023

Hello Olevie,

No link is required, other than being part of (so far) an informal ICANN
Cross Community working group, that is concerned on ICANN's carbon
footprint. As part of the ICANN community, there's no better stakeholder
group to initiate the process of making ICANN carbon neutral. I think you
would agree that carbon neutrality is crucial in becoming a sustainable
part of the Internet infrastructure? The board is unlikely to initiate the
process on their own - they need the call to come from the community.

We're meeting with ICANN staff today at 16 here in Cancun and we have
submitted a public comment on the ICANN budget (2024-28) requiring at least
$60 000 annually to compensate for our emissions created in flying to the
ICANN meetings three times per year.

-Raoul

-Raoul