[Npoc-discuss] Non Profit Technology Conference and RightsCon

Jean F. Quéralt JFQueralt at theiofoundation.org
Mon May 15 11:58:32 UTC 2023

Never been to NTEN.
I can say that RightsCon is not ready (technically nor at other levels) for
anything DNS related at this point in time; it's seriously out of the radar
despite the odd DNSSEC chit chat. Technical sessions are rare and there's
usually little interest in DNS. People with technical background represent
barely 10%(?) of the audience. People with policy making background are
definitely abundant, however.

My point: Yes, we should be there + we need to strategize how is that done
and what does that mean for NPOC.
My initial thoughts is that we should be introducing DNS-related topics and
policies slowly until we can build a certain base of interested people.

Jean F. Queralt
Founder & CEO - The IO Foundation <http://www.TheIOFoundation.org>
Book a meeting <http://TIOF.Click/BookJFQ> (30 minutes)

On Mon, 15 May 2023 at 06:19, Glenn McKnight via Npoc-discuss <
npoc-discuss at icann.org> wrote:

> Hi
> Since we are exchanging ideas to expand the awareness of NPOC in civil
> society perhaps we should consider the opportunities to attend NTEN's
> annual conference called NTC which this year was in Portland, Oregon
> Details at   https://www.nten.org/  Important to note that  PIR was a
> platinum sponsor and NTEN was the first critical group from civil society
> that questioned the sale of ISOC back a few years ago ( Note I was on the
> board but did not vote or participant in this discussion at the time).
> It's worth submitting a proposal for conducting a session.  Another good
> option is attending RIGHTSCON which is in Costa Rico this year.
> Glenn McKnight, MA
> Virtual School of Internet Governance
> Chief Information Officer
> www.virtualsig.org
> *YOUR SOURCE FOR INTERNET GOVERNANCE EDUCATION *
> *Mobile  437-237-4655*

**DISCLAIMER**
*The content of this message, which may contain personal or
sensitive data, is confidential. If you have received it by mistake, please
inform the sender by replying to the email and then permanently delete the
message, including any attachments. It is forbidden to copy, forward or in
any way reveal the content of this message to anyone. The integrity and
security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet and,
therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damage caused by the
message.*