[Npoc-discuss] Candidate statement - Raoul Plommer

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Thu May 18 18:13:39 UTC 2023

Dear all,

•Name: Raoul Plommer
•Affiliation: NPOC GNSO
•Position applied for: Membership Chair
•Why you are running for the position?:

I would like to lay out plans on what I would like to do as the new
membership chair, since these duties weren't carried out quite like I would
have liked to see them carried out.

1. We need to be able to identify our active members and help them
collaborate on making new policy from NPOC's perspective. We also need to
get rid of members who have been inactive for two years or more.

2. We need to keep our membership list up-to-date; even for this election
some members didn't have their email addresses on our database, and at the
same time there have been people on the mailing list that were supposed to
be removed from it more than one year ago.

3. Even though getting new members to NPOC is a crucial duty of the
membership chair, we need to make sure these new members are advised and
guided to start making policy for NPOC. Currently, it's almost only the EC
that is working at NPOC.

4. If I will get elected, I will focus on getting new active members that
actually do policy. Even if we get a few that are contributing to our work,
it would already be better, than just getting new members that lack the
knowledge to contribute to our work. Quality over quantity is a big
priority here.

•Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?: None.
•How many hours per week you are able to dedicate to the position: 8hrs
•Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state:
TPR WG

Sincerely yours,

Raoul Plommer