[Npoc-discuss] Fw: Fwd: [gnso-chairs] Initiating the Community Dialogue on "How We Meet": Initial Ideas & Meeting Request

Juan Manuel Rojas jumaropi at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 03:01:43 UTC 2024

Dear all, Please check this information (attached) about the proposal from ICANN to do some changes in regard with meetings and another concerns.
Best Regards,Juan Manuel Rojas NPOC Chair

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: "Tomslin Samme-Nlar" <mesumbeslin at GMAIL.COM> To: "NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU" <NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> Cc:  Sent: Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 17:58 Subject: Fwd: [gnso-chairs] Initiating the Community Dialogue on "How We Meet": Initial Ideas & Meeting Request  Hi team,
In our SOAC leadership meeting with Sally in Kigali, she mentioned 2 areas where the community needs to have a dialogue on; (1) "How We Meet" and (2) "How We Work". Below and attached is a discussion paper from ICANN's Policy & Advice Development staff team to facilitate the discussion on dialogue #1 "How We Meet.
Things will move fast since we have to send our feedback (if any) to gnso-chairs at icann.org by 24 July 2024. As a result, I have added this topic as an agenda item to our monthly policy meeting which is on Monday 15 July at 11:30 UTC (See Andrea's email/reminder for joining details and full agenda). Come with some ideas please. I have also created this Google Doc to solicit feedback from everyone, even if you can't make the meeting.

In the paper, you will notice a number of suggestions such as:
   - Evaluate the full cycle of in-person and hybrid community meetings, including standalone SOAC Leadership and Strategic Planning meetings, targeted group meetings (such as the Contracted Parties Summit, the At Large Summit, and the High-Level Governmental Meeting) and similar, cost-intensive, travel-dependent Meetings
   - Review the planning by ICANN Org and the community for all in-person/hybrid meetings (including ICANN Public Meetings) by adopting an annualized, regular approach of planning for a full meeting cycle (either by a calendar year or a fiscal year)
   - Review of the current allocation of Funded Travelers to each ICANN Public Meeting
   - Reduce the number of sessions at ICANN Public Meetings, which could result in a reduction in the cost of travel (i.e., accommodation) and venue-related costs (e.g., room and equipment rentals, contractors)
   - Reduce or eliminate informational and training sessions at ICANN Public Meetings
   - Reduce or eliminate ICANN-hosted or ICANN-sponsored social and outreach events at, or associated with, an ICANN Public Meeting
   - Move at least one (1) upcoming ICANN Public Meeting to a Virtual Meeting
   - Review the current state of ICANN Public Meetings, with a view toward updating the ten-year-old ICANN Meetings Strategy (dating from 2014) to match current and expected future needs and budget constraints
Talk to you all on Monday.
Warmly,
Tomslin