[Npoc-discuss] Welcome to ICANN 79

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 20:22:57 UTC 2024

Dear NPOC Members,

ICANN 79 is here again!   A warm welcome to San Juan both physically and
virtually.

There are lots of exciting sessions holding during this #ICANN79 meeting
that you can be part of.

But first, I would like to highlight the following meetings you might find
interesting:

GNSO: Transfer Policy Review PDP Working Group (1 of 2)
<https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a15v/gnso-transfer-policy-review-pdp-working-group-1-of-2>
GNSO: Transfer Policy Review PDP Working Group (2 of 2)
<https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a15y/gnso-transfer-policy-review-pdp-working-group-2-of-2>

GNSO: NCSG Policy Committee Work Session
<https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a15n/gnso-ncsg-policy-committee-work-session>
Get to Know the ICANN Community: NCSG Networking Event
<https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a15I/get-to-know-the-icann-community-ncsg-networking-event>
GNSO: NCSG Policy Committee Work Session
<https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a15n/gnso-ncsg-policy-committee-work-session>

How it Works Session #1: All About Numbers
<https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a16i/how-it-works-session-1-all-about-numbers>

Get to Know the ICANN Community: NCSG Networking Event
<https://icann79.sched.com/#>
GNSO: NCSG Membership Work Session <https://icann79.sched.com/#>
GNSO: CPH DNS Abuse Community Outreach <https://icann79.sched.com/#>
Q&A with ICANN org Executive Team <https://icann79.sched.com/#>
Joint Session: ICANN Board and NCSG <https://icann79.sched.com/#>
GNSO: NPOC Membership Work Session <https://icann79.sched.com/#>
ICANN Board Public Meeting
<https://icann79.sched.com/event/1a1B3/icann-board-public-meeting>

*NPOC on Social Media:*

Please note that It is important NPOC's social media presence is felt with
your tweets and Facebook posts.

This is a very good way to engage and try to influence NPOC's mission in
all the ongoing conversations and let our voices be heard.

For those participating remotely, you can create awareness by posting a
photo of yourself attending ICANN79 Virtual Meeting sessions from your
location and sharing it using the *#ICANN79* hashtag and *#NPOC* as well as
the hashtag of the city you are participating from.

Help us create a virtual meeting photo gallery. Look forward to seeing you
all in San Juan  and online!

Don't forget that the schedules are already online here:
https://icann79.sched.com/?searchstring=NPOC

*Twitter handles to follow*:
@NPOC_ICANN
@NCSG_ICANN
@ICANN_GNSO
@ICANN

https://twitter.com/NPOC_ICANN/
<https://twitter.com/NPOC_ICANN/status/1190709134330662914?s=19>

*What to do:*

   - Draft catchy phrases
   - Share pictures
   - Retweet awesome tweets
   - share remote meeting links, updates and summaries
   - ask questions
   - Share useful links and tips

You can also reply to this message with your Twitter handle and hashtags to
follow.

*Some Remote Participation Tips:*

To help reduce session disruptions, please do not share Zoom participation
links on social media. However, we encourage you to share YouTube
Livestream links (when available) on social media.

To ensure transparency of participation in ICANN’s multistakeholder model,
please remember to sign in to Zoom sessions using your full name (e.g.
First Name + Last Name/Surname).

*Interpretation Service:*

• Languages Available: *English, French, Spanish*

• Zoom Interpretation: ICANN provides interpretation within the Zoom
application. To use this feature, please download Zoom.:

We look forward to having you join us.

--
*Caleb Ogundele*
Email: muyiwacaleb at gmail.com