[Npoc-discuss] [NCUC-DISCUSS] 2024 Election-Check-in & Nominations Open

Raymond Mamattah mamattah.raymond at gmail.com
Mon May 20 07:07:14 UTC 2024

Benjamin has done excellent jobs representing us in his earlier role as the
NCUC Africa representative and later as the NCUC Chair.

He displayed fairness in his dealings towards everyone and I'm hopeful he
will again be an excellent representation as the NCSG Chair.

Go for it Benjamin!

Raymond Mamattah
Accra, Ghana

On Mon, May 20, 2024, 5:56 AM Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear NCSG members,
>
> As NCUC Chair, it's been a humbling and fulfilling experience to have been
> recruited,  mentored and finally got the opportunity to serve you.
>
> At this point, I am excited to see enormous interest in leadership; it was
> not like that during COVID-19 and immediately post-COVID-19 years. We have
> made remarkable progress. There is still more work to do to get more
> members involved. The new NCUC leadership will further the course.
>
> It is a great time to move on to a new challenge.
>
> I am honored to accept the nomination for NCSG Chair in the upcoming
> election. I sincerely appreciate your confidence in my ability to serve and
> am committed to working diligently towards achieving our shared goals.
>
> Thank you for this opportunity. I look forward to the campaign ahead and
> the possibility of increased engagements in NCSG.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Benjamin Akinmoyeje
>
> On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 3:25 AM Stephen Dakyi <nanayawbotar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am pleased to formally nominate Benjamin Akinmoyeje  for the position
>> of NCSG Chair. Having observed his exceptional leadership as NCUC Chair, I
>> am confident that he possesses the necessary qualities and experience to
>> successfully take over from Julf.
>>
>> Benjamin has demonstrated a strong commitment to advancing the goals and
>> values of ICANN and  non profit/commercial organization as a whole, and I
>> believe his vision and dedication will be invaluable in guiding the NCSG
>> forward. I wholeheartedly endorse his candidacy and urge all members to
>> support his nomination.
>>
>> I hope that Benjamin accepts this nomination, and am eager to see him
>> continue the important work initiated by Julf.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Stephen Dakyi
>>
>> On Mon, May 13, 2024, 10:58 Andrea Glandon <andrea.glandon at icann.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>

>>> The check-in and nomination processes have begun for the 2024
>>> NCSG/NPOC/NCUC elections.
>>>

>>> A check-in email has been sent from admin at ncsg.is, please respond to
>>> this email before the deadline of 27 May 2024. A reminder check-in email
>>> will also be sent.
>>>

>>> Names of members who have checked-in will be updated on each groups
>>> election wiki/check-in. See below for the links.
>>>

>>> Kindly check to confirm your name is on the list just before the
>>> check-in process ends.
>>>

>>> *Please note: *If you do not check-in, you will be placed on the
>>> inactive membership list. *Inactive members cannot vote in the
>>> annual election*, so it is important that you reply before the deadline
>>> to the check-in email, to ensure you are listed as active and receive a
>>> ballot during the annual elections.
>>>

>>> *As a reminder, the election timeline is below:*
>>> 13 May-27 May: Check-in period
>>> 13 May-20 May: Nomination period
>>> 24 May Deadline for nomination acceptance and candidate statement.
>>> 28 May: Meet the candidates call (if necessary)
>>> 29 May (00:00 UTC)-05 June (23:59 UTC): Voting