[OFB-WG] Outcomes of OFBC WG meeting

Holly Raiche holly.raiche at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 23:47:23 UTC 2021

Folks

Many of you were not able to be on today’s call.  It was the first of two presentations by Becky Nash and Victoria Yang of ICANN Planning on the development of a planning prioritization framework - as what Becky Nash has said will become a key step in the annual planning process in determining annual priorities for expenditure. The link below is to this week’s meeting agenda and includes a link to her presentation.  In the presentation (p. 11) she is asking the WG for input both the participants an their roles in determining the prioritization process - and at the next call, would like feedback on that issue.  So we will be following up asking all of you for feedback.

We also mentioned the Operating Initiatives - the 15 initiatives that have describe how ICANN Org will achieve its goals and objectives set out in the Strategic Plan. We are asking both for WG members to sign up to one of the initiatives and start identifying issues for ALAC and the RALOS that fit in each initiative.

The second meeting in August will be devoted to those Initiatives - probably starting with the first couple (MSM and ICANN Decision Making) where all suggestions and discussion welcome.

 Holly

https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/2021-07-29+Operations%2C+Finance+and+Budget+Working+Group+%28OFB-WG%29+Workshop+Call