[Public-Experts] Strawman evaluation sheet

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Tue Oct 7 20:20:34 UTC 2014

Hi Brian, thank you for the draft evaluation sheet.

The problem I see with the current design is that the scale from 1 to 5
seems to imply a range in terms of more or less qualified. However, the
current criteria look rather binary to me: one either has skills in the
area of Operational Finance and Process or one doesn't.

A simple scoring of candidates would probably only work among candidates
with similar skills. For example we could compare our scoring of
candidates with skills in the area of Internet technical operations. I
don't see how we can do a scoring across competence areas.

The lowest scoring should be a neutral zero. The zero would eliminate
all candidates from scoring for a specific criteria or area of
competence that are not qualified in this area. The scale of 1 to 5
would only apply to candidates who indicate skills in a given area.

In order to assess skills and practical experiences wrt to the various
areas and evalulate them along a scale we would need detailed CVs of all
candidates.

The next step after the LA meeting should be to check whether our
present list of candidates cover all substantial skills/competences
(transparency, best practice and a few others I would regard as
non-substantial) or if we need to reach out to identify additional
candidates.

Jeanette