[RDS-WHOIS2-REC4-Compliance] RT Compliance subteam

Susan Kawaguchi susankpolicy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 21:02:14 UTC 2018

Hello All,

I am looking for volunteers to review the following policies for our
compliance review

Please pick one or two and provide the sub team a short summary

Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy

Additional WHOIS Information Policy (AWIP)

New gTLD Uniform Rapid Suspension System (URS), URS Procedure and Rules -

Expired Registration Recovery Policy (ERRP)

Transition of .COM, .NET, and JOBS to Thick WHOIS Policy

Consistent Labeling and Display Policy

Translation/Transliteration of Contact Information Policy

Procedures for Handling RDS/WHOIS Conflicts with Privacy Law

I have outlined a few questions as you read the policies but I am sure you
will have questions of your own.

Status of each of the following policies? Created/implemented/being
reviewed?

What impact does WHOIS have on each of these policies?

Are there issues with these policies?

How is WHOIS used in these policies?

Are these effective?

Compliance issues

We also need a volunteer to review the Registrar and Registry  Audit plan -
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/audits-2012-02-25-en

It would be good to have a volunteer for each of these.

What we are looking for is how the compliance team audits anything related
to WHOIS.

Please reply to this email with your choice of documents to review.

I will send out a short summary on the latest compliance team annual report
soon.

Best regards,

Susan