[RDS-WHOIS2-REC4-Compliance] [Ext] Additional questions for ICANN.org

Jean-Baptiste Deroulez jean-baptiste.deroulez at icann.org
Thu Jun 21 19:32:18 UTC 2018

Dear Compliance subgroup members,

Attached to this email you will find the answers from ICANN Compliance and GDD to your list of questions below.

Kind regards

Jean-Baptiste

From: Susan Kawaguchi <susankpolicy at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, June 15, 2018 at 3:16 PM
To: Jean-Baptiste Deroulez <jean-baptiste.deroulez at icann.org>, Alice Jansen <alice.jansen at icann.org>, Lisa Phifer <lisa at corecom.com>
Cc: "rds-whois2-rec4-compliance at icann.org" <rds-whois2-rec4-compliance at icann.org>
Subject: [Ext] Additional questions for ICANN.org

Hello Jean-Baptiste and Alice,

I have a few more questions about the WHOIS ARS reports that compliance could not answer.
Can you send these to the appropriate person in GDD, compliance or other?  I am not sure which team can answer these questions.

The WHOIS ARS sample of 12,000 domain names are reviewed for WHOIS accuracy and when an inaccuracy is found a ticket is created. Of the sample of the October 2017 ARS report cycle domain names, over one third (4,681) required a ticket to be created. Over half of those tickets (2,498) were closed before a 1st notice was sent out. [1]

Is this due to the time lapsing between sampling and creating a ticket?  I cannot imagine the registration data changing significantly why were over half of these closed?
Does GDD create these tickets or Compliance?

What is the period of time between when records are chosen for a sampling, initial review to determine inaccuracy warranting a ticket being created and when the data is reviewed again during processing?

How many gtlds domain names were registered in 2013?

Please provide a status of  the Cross Validation working group.

Best regards,

Susan