[RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] RDS-WHOIS2 FY19 and Total RT Projections

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu May 31 03:20:10 UTC 2018

Here is what I see as our budget projection.

Travel/Catering: We spent about $15k for Abu
Dhabi (where we thought there would be a meeting
and so we brought people in) and $60k for the two
F2F meetings we help to date. If we add to the
two more, July, and perhaps November to finalize
final report, that is another $60k, presume that
$20k of that for the July meeting will actually
be spent in FY18. Add to that $20k bringing a
small number of people to Kobe present the final
report.  Total Travel = $155k (FY17:15, FY19:80, FY19: 60)

Professional Services - RT: It is pretty clear we
are not going to hire anyone to do studies. Total Professional Services = $0k

Professional Services - ICANN.org: $46k to date.
Let's presume another $40k. Lisa does want to
wind this down, but I prefer to be high rather
than low here. And we may want to hire a
technical editor to clean up the final report.
Total = $86k (FY18: Est 50, FY18: 36)

That comes to $241, so round it up to $260 (FY17: 15, FY18: 130, FY19: 115).

To all (staff and Susan/Cathrin): Where do I need
to add more cushion for everyone to feel
comfortable with this projection. At this point
we are $440k Under overall budget, so we have
PLENTY for room to ensure that we are not low-balling anything.

My inclination is to add another roughly 30k to
address another F2F to handle some unpredicted
situation and set the FY19 projection at $145k with a total spend of $290k

Alan