[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] ICANN's plans with respect to GDPR

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 15 05:27:24 UTC 2017

As you may be aware, ICANN is (finally) beginning to address the GDPR
and its implications on ICANN itself and its contracted parties
(https://www.icann.org/news/blog/evolving-data-privacy-and-protection-regulations-update
and
https://www.icann.org/news/blog/personal-data-use-matrix-now-available-for-public-review).

Unless I hear that it is not the wish of the RT, I would like to ask
ICANN to brief the RT on exactly what ICANN is doing and how it will
address the concerns. My hope is that we could arrange such a
briefing for our call of 31 August 2017. Whether that is practical or
not I cannot say until the request is made.

Is there anyone who believes that this should not be requested?

Alan