[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Public WHOIS After May 2018

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 13:28:57 UTC 2017

Another shot across the bow indeed.

I have never and could never believe that the parties did not know what the
WP29 been carrying on about. Different views are applied by different power
bases.

Historically the majority of registries had simply make common cause with
ICANN and largely ignore WP29 declarations. I now suspect with the prospect
of huge fines for violation, it may cleave the registries from the several
ICANN Rube Goldberg contraptions that are instituted (like that Handling
Conflict with Local Laws one!) and allow them to finally unhinge the "joint
controller" status.

Or, the Europeans may be reminded they are no longer masters of the
universe.  Either way, a delicious food fight in the offing.

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799 <(876)%20818-1799>Strategy, Planning, Governance,
Assessment & Turnaround*