[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] GUIDANCE NEEDED - Planning

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 22 14:23:54 UTC 2017

Hi Alice,

I think a September meeting would be fine.
Exactly how much work we will do before that is
less clear, for the same reason holding an
earlier meeting would be problematic. Certainly,
we can start talking about scope, and leadership.
And as I said in my previous message, I think the
decisions should be in that order.

I would definitely plan at least a 1-day and
perhaps 2-day meeting prior to ICANN60. And I
would schedule a consultation session or
sessions. I think we will need to discuss whether
we do a single session with the entire community,
or meetings with each AC/SO, or both.

I again suggest that prior to our doing almost
anything, I would like to have a written briefing
from staff on the recommendations of the first
WHIS-RT, their implementation methodology and
current status, and any other comments that staff
has. I am attaching a comparable document given
to ATRT2. I am NOT suggesting that the new
document be patterned after this one, as it had a
number of critical flaws, but am including it
solely to demonstrate that such a thing is
possible. This one was created at the request of
ATRT2 to fill a gap in its understanding of the
WHOIS RT Recommendations. I also note that ATRT2
made a very specific recommendation that such
reports be prepared for future review teams and
this recommendation was accepted by the Board. Specifically:

11.4. Complete implementation reports
The Board should prepare a complete
implementation report to be ready by review
kick-off. This report should be submitted for
public consultation, and relevant benchmarks and
metrics must be incorporated in the report.

Regards, Alan