[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Help to promote the upcoming F2F meeting

Jean-Baptiste Deroulez jean-baptiste.deroulez at icann.org
Mon Sep 25 20:23:19 UTC 2017

Dear Review Team members and Observers,

A meeting description and information about how to join the first RDS-WHOIS2 face-to-face meeting, 2-3 October in Brussels is live on the meeting wiki page<https://community.icann.org/display/WHO/Meeting+%23+9+-+2-3+October+2017>.  As you know, community engagement is critical to a successful review.  We would like to promote this opportunity for community members to observe this meeting. Could you help us by sharing this opportunity to participate with your networks?

Below is a short email you can copy and paste and send to those who may be interested in attending. There is also a social post you may wish to share.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Jean-Baptiste

Email for sharing with your networks:

Hi,

I wanted to invite you to attend the first face-to-face meeting of the ICANN Registration Directory Services Review Team (RDS-WHOIS2), on 2-3 October.

As you may know, I am a member of the RDS-WHOIS2 Review Team. The Review Team is assessing the effectiveness of the current RDS (formerly known as WHOIS) and its ability to meet legitimate needs for general top-level domain registration data while safeguarding that data. We would like to invite you to observe the upcoming meeting, remotely or in-person, and share your input and questions as the Review Team finalizes and approves the terms of reference, scope, and work plan.

You can learn more about the meeting, which will be held in Brussels, and how to attend by clicking the link below, or getting in touch with me.