[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] RDS-WHOIS2-RT: Plenary Action items, Face-to-Face Meeting Reading list & Final Agenda

Jean-Baptiste Deroulez jean-baptiste.deroulez at icann.org
Fri Sep 29 19:59:13 UTC 2017

Dear Review Team members,

Following yesterday’s plenary call, please find below the identified action items and decisions reached:

Decisions Reached
Face-to-face meeting #1 agenda is approved. (note on informal dinner and meet-up in the hotel lobby at 6:45 PM will be added)

Action Items:

  *   ICANN org to send list of questions to RT list - Leaders to confirm list of questions on set of briefings #2.
  *   Susan to propose criteria for determining effectiveness by Brussels meeting.
  *   ICANN org to reach out to CCT Review Team to see if they have a working definition of consumer trust this RT might use, and also any research relevant to consumer trust and WHOIS
  *   ICANN org to update scope table in light of today's plenary discussion.
  *   RT members to fill in the ICANN 60 doodle (http://doodle.com/poll/q35x2qxtipnyna9h) by COB today and/or confirm planning to attend. If no quorum, the meeting will be cancelled.

Regarding the third action item listed above, we have contacted the CCT Review Team leadership and are expecting an answer, however we can already confirm that consumer trust was defined as follows in the CCT Review Team terms of reference:

Consumer trust: The confidence Consumers have in the function, reliability, safety, security, and authenticity of the domain name system. This includes (i) trust in the consistency of name resolution; (ii) confidence by Internet users that they can safely navigate to a domain name to find and safely use the site they intend to reach; (iii) confidence that a TLD registry operator is fulfilling the Registry’s stated purpose; and (iv) confidence by a Registrant in a domain’s registration process and life cycle.

Regarding the fourth action item, we have attached an updated version of the scope and objectives document based on your discussions from the last plenary call, with highlighted changes to ease your review.

Attached to this email, you will also find the list of questions raised on plenary call #7 and #8 on the implementation of recommendations 4, 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14. As determined on the call, any supplementary questions you may have must be sent through this list.
Alan, Susan, Cathrin – please confirm by this Sunday, 23:59 UTC, that the attached list captures all questions raised during the implementation briefings given during those plenary calls.

We look forward meeting you in Brussels on October 2 & 3, and would like to confirm that we started populating the reading list on the dedicated face-to-face meeting wiki page: https://community.icann.org/display/WHO/Meeting+%23+9+-+2-3+October+2017.

You will also find the final version of the agenda of the face-to-face meeting in attachment of this email, and the security sheet that was shared previously.

Until then, safe travels to you all!

Kind regards,

Jean-Baptiste