[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Compliance subgroups reports

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 21:32:32 UTC 2018

If I was sure everybody here have seen the Brit sitcom Yes, [Prime]
Minister I would simply have said Volker's edit was Sir Humphrey to
perfection and leave it at that.

It is this way of making the status quo remain the status quo by use of
language in which a Brit civil servant simply excels.  Read them closely
and you will see those "provided thats" are equivocations that allow the
parties to rest in peace; they simply scream no change here, leave us be.

It is time enough for the WHOIS record to be fish or fowl and not half this
and half that on a technicality. Information assurance demands it, it is
right that all registrants are equally protected and that the data quality
is assured across the board. Oh yes, as it is one DNS, it is entirely
reasonable that all such records face and submit to one and the same
regulatory regime.

If ever I have a hope for the success of the ePDP, it is for the first
time, at last, to deliver a single regulatory regime for WHOIS data.

Let's make up our minds.

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*