[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] ICANN throwing more good money after the bad.

Erika Mann erika at erikamann.com
Tue Aug 21 09:55:56 UTC 2018

Volker - Yeah, read it. Once you start such a case, it's hard to find a
good way in ending it ... ECJ ... maybe, one day. Not wanting to make a
judgement but this language is a bit bizarre "The Appellate Court
fundamentally misunderstands the Applicant's request when it assumes a
performance injunction instead of a cease and desist injunction. The
Applicant has requested the Defendant to cease and desist from offering
and/or selling second level domain names in violation of the RAA it has
with the Applicant. The injunction would merely require the Defendant stop
what it is doing: This is the very essence of a cease and desist claim. It
is undisputed between the parties that the Defendant is not obliged to
offer or sell domain name registrations under the RAA in case the Senate
grants the order."

Cheers,
Erika

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Volker Greimann <vgreimann at key-systems.net