[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Questions for each subgroup

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 8 04:53:46 UTC 2018

Several questions were asked of each SubGroup Rapporteur, due before
the 09 Feb Plenary (this Friday).

Here are the answers for my SubGroups.

Alan

================
WHOIS Rec #3: Outreach

>Has your subgroup identified any needed briefings/resources?

No.

>How will your subgroup review/analyze relevant documentation? (for
>example, will you divide review between subgroup members)

Each member will review all of the documents (largely web-based) and
will independently review for consistency and completeness. The
Subgroup will then meet to integrate findings.

>How will you conduct investigation of identified objectives?(for
>example, will you need calls or conduct work via email)

We will need one or more calls once independent work is done.

>How will you conduct relevant interviews (as appropriate)?

Not needed at this point.

>How will your subgroup produce its summary of key findings?

As above, will meet (teleconference) to attempt to unify findings.
Based on those, we will decide whether any additional recommendations
are required. Results of analysis and possible further
recommendations will be compiled by one subgroup member and reviewed
by the others prior to the April meeting in Brussels.

================
Safeguard Registrant Data

>Has your subgroup identified any needed briefings/resources?

No.

>How will your subgroup review/analyze relevant documentation? (for
>example, will you divide review between subgroup members)

Rapporteur will draft a strawman response to be reviewed and modified
by team members.

>How will you conduct investigation of identified objectives?(for
>example, will you need calls or conduct work via email)

This is a relatively easy task prior to GDPR. Post-initiial GDPR, we
can predict that the answers will be different, but it is less clear
if the response will be measurably more complex. Both e-mail and
teleconferences will be used.

>How will you conduct relevant interviews (as appropriate)?

Not needed at this point.

>How will your subgroup produce its summary of key findings?

Noted above.