[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Next Monday's meeting

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 15 05:22:35 UTC 2018

We have 3 more meetings prior to the ICANN61 meeting, and 3 or 4
after ICANN61 and before we meeting in Brussels.

According to the workplan we approved, the period from mid-next week
until the end of the ICANN meeting we would assembling our findings
and beginning to draft recommendations. As I read things, we are now
WAY behind on most topics.

Prior to and at our last Brussels meeting, we made a conscious choice
to tackle most of the parts of the review described in the Bylaws,
and we also added a number of other areas. We are now going to have
to commit to actually deliver this work.

There is no doubt that all of us are busy and no doubt
over-committed, but we all applied to work on this Review and now
have to carve out the time to do it, or accept that we cannot and resign.

A quick check of the subgroup mailing lists shows that for February,
we have had a total of 25 messages posted by RT Members to all 13
lists. If that is an indication of the work going on, then we seem to
have a problem. If work is preceding off-list, please move it to the
list so that everyone can follow it.

If will be on the call, please be prepared to discuss all of your
subgroups, and particularly the one(s) you are leading. If you cannot
make one or both of the calls next week, PLEASE send your apologies
ahead of time so we know who will be on the call, and please make
sure that someone on your subgroup(s) will be there do discuss the issues.

Alan