[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] ICANN63 Barcelona plans

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 6 15:32:06 UTC 2018

One of the questions to be discussed on the call on Monday is whether
we have an engagement session at ICANN 63 in Barcelona 20-25 October 2018).

According to our current schedule, we will issue our draft report in
early August and start a Public Comment to complete in early October,
with the staff comment summary available just before ICANN63. After
the meeting we would have roughly 6 weeks to consider the comments
and revise the draft report for publication 21 December. We could
hold an engagement session during ICANN63 and accept comments at that
time, but the formal opportunity to submit written comments would be well over.

It has been suggested that we keep the public comment open through
the ICANN meeting (perhaps ending at the end of the following week).
That would allow us to consider comments submitted during or just
after the meeting in our final report. But it would also Delay the
start of consideration of those comments and thus delay the
publication of our final report, probably to the end of January.

Regardless of whether we do this or not, we should also be available
during ICANN63 to discuss the draft report with individual SO/ACs if
they so desire.

Please be prepared to discuss this on Monday, and if you cannot
attend that meeting, submit comments ahead of time.

Alan