[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Comment bout my domain WHOIS output

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 16 16:34:50 UTC 2018

During today's meeting, I made a comment on the whois.icann.org
output for a domain of mine, and Volker pointed out that if it is a
thick TLD, the portal uses the registry not the registrar.

That turned out to be correct.

The registrar is still issuing ther full WHOIS record with my full
contact information.

The registry is giving nothing except country and province, not even
an anonymized e-mail address.

When the portal was built, and during the thickwhois pdp, no one
foresaw the registry and registrar giving completely different data
except in error situations or when data is changing and there is a
timing issue.

Alan