[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] ICANN takes legal action in respect to GDPR

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon May 28 20:59:22 UTC 2018

Seen it and commented elsewhere.  IMHO, a day late and likely, a dollar
short.

FWIW, Schrems was up and about early Friday morning has filed suits in 4 EU
jurisdictions - France Germany, Belgium, Austria - against Facebook,
Google, Whatsapp et. al that they are obtaining user consent contrary to
law; in effect coercing consent and using the data disproportionately.

I have not at this point read the pleadings but a few more discerning
analysts that I follow believe there is a uniform subtext to the filings.
It appears to state concerns that national legislation may give too much
leeway to individual states to alter the impact/intent of the directive.

I have a feeling Schrems will likely triumph before ICANN.

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*