[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] CONSUMER SUB-GROUP UPDATE

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Wed May 30 13:13:25 UTC 2018

Hi Erika,

a few comments:

Page 3, section 3, text in red, first bullet point:

I do not doubt that the subgroup agreed that the "definition must be
broad", but this agreement is not supported by any reasoning. Why must
it be broad? Why must it include internet users? Is there perhaps any
community-approved definition of "consumer" that could be referenced
here? Is it appropriate to make such a determination here when the
Whois-Policy review team fount it particularly challenging to make such
a determination? Should we not then leave this definition to the broader
community and leave this question open at this stage, for the
Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice (CCT) Review Team to
deal with, once (if?) it completes it work?

Page 10 (5), (2):What exactly is meant by reseller "lack of
transparancy" in the contect of whois? When we write "potential gap"
what are the risks and effects that any policy or contractual changes
are planned to cover? Do we not overly infringe on commercial liberties
of contracted parties to solve non-issues or minor issues? For most
registrars, their reseller lists are closely held commercial secrets,
and rightly so. Heck, even many of our resellers do not want us as
registrars to know who their resellers are. We certainly have no need
for such information.

Page 10 (5), (3): Are these really gaps? Do we really want to prescribe
how resellers and registrars must design their websites? I feel this
goes a bit far.

Rec 1:  "ICANN should request from resellers"? Total disagreement. ICANN
has no business contacting resellers, as it is the registrars who are
their contractually accredited partners. Ultimately, this is already
widely covered by the reseller-related obligations in the RAA and before
we posit an alleged lack of transparency we shopuld first agree whether
there is really a significant problem that needs resolving.

Best,

Volker

Am 28.05.2018 um 17:19 schrieb Erika Mann:
> Re-sending the document once again!
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM, Erika Mann <erika at erikamann.com
> <mailto:erika at erikamann.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear All -
>
>     Sorry for the late submission.
>
>     The attached version incorporates the discussion of 2^nd F2F
>     meeting in Brussels and further investigation of the reseller
>     problematic.
>
>     Apologies to my sub-group members for not having been able to
>     consult with them.
>

>     Thanks goes to Lisa for helping with the update!
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Erika
>

>     Erika Mann
>
>     +32 498 121354

Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Volker A. Greimann
- Rechtsabteilung -

Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: vgreimann at key-systems.net

Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com

Folgen Sie uns bei Twitter oder werden Sie unser Fan bei Facebook:
www.facebook.com/KeySystems
www.twitter.com/key_systems

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Siffrin
Handelsregister Nr.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
Umsatzsteuer ID.: DE211006534

Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP
www.keydrive.lu

Der Inhalt dieser Nachricht ist vertraulich und nur für den angegebenen Empfänger bestimmt. Jede Form der Kenntnisgabe, Veröffentlichung oder Weitergabe an Dritte durch den Empfänger ist unzulässig. Sollte diese Nachricht nicht für Sie bestimmt sein, so bitten wir Sie, sich mit uns per E-Mail oder telefonisch in Verbindung zu setzen.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Volker A. Greimann
- legal department -

Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: vgreimann at key-systems.net

Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com

Follow us on Twitter or join our fan community on Facebook and stay updated:
www.facebook.com/KeySystems
www.twitter.com/key_systems

CEO: Alexander Siffrin
Registration No.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
V.A.T. ID.: DE211006534

Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP
www.keydrive.lu

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Furthermore it is not permitted to publish any content of this email. You must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, kindly notify the author by replying to this e-mail or contacting us by telephone.