[RDS-WHOIS2-RT] Update on timing and final report

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Mon Nov 5 16:24:08 UTC 2018

As long as the review and revision does not make any assumptions,
interpretations or additions not present or agreed by the overall group,
and there is sufficient time between the completion of the new draft and
the final proposed delivery date to allow a thorough review by the team.
I am fine with that approach. I also have no sense of urgency on the
completion of our report: If we do not make it by the end of January, so
be it. I would much rather like to see an accurate and untimely final
report than a report with issues remaining that is delivered on time.

Volker

Am 01.11.2018 um 17:41 schrieb Alan Greenberg:
> As you may know, Lisa Phifer will not be able to work with us to
> complete the report, and MSSI is looking at options for an editor. It
> will not be anyone with knowledge of the subject.
>
> The draft report was too long and not cohesive, so I think it needs a
> careful overall review and revision. Since the editor will not have a
> feel for the intent of the analysis and recommendations, it will fall
> on us to do a fair amount of the work. Given my lessened
> responsibilities with regard to At-Large, I am willing to do at least
> part of this. We will need to adjust the timeline, both for the
> rework and to have team members sign off.
>
> We meet 10-12 December which leaves just one week before the holiday
> season. That will not be enough time to complete the substantive
> edits and to clean up the overall report. So we will definitely go
> into January. My target is to issue the report no later than the end
> of the month.
>
> If there is a 50 day public comment once submitted to the Board
> (which is what was done for the CCT Review), that puts the comment
> ending about a week after the end of the Kobe meeting.
>
> With the support of Cathrin and Susan, I have suggested that we plan for:
>
> - An engagement session with the community; and
>
> - An opportunity for the RT leadership (and other team members if
> appropriate) to meeting with Board and/or ICANN Org to clarify or
> elaborate on any aspect of the report.
>
> Although it is not yet certain, we may have limited funding to
> support a small number of people travelling to Kobe. If you can
> attend the meeting and have no other source of funding, please let me
> know ASAP. Anyone funded should be able to speak on a significant
> number of the areas we are addressing in the report and making it
> clear that in the absence of our funding you are unlikely to attend.
> Please reply no later that Sunday, 4th November as travel lists need
> to be submitted two days later. Presuming more interest than we have
> funding, the selection will be done by the RT leadership.
>
> Alan

Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager
*KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH*

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Alexander Siffrin

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.