[Register-URN] Adding a NAPTR record to the urn.arpa domain

Independent Submissions Editor (Eliot Lear) rfc-ise at rfc-editor.org
Tue Jan 16 07:37:20 UTC 2024

Hi everyone,

I want to back up a little bit on this document because I think there is
confusion that needs to be addressed before we continue. I would like to
understand the difference between URN.ARPA and URN.URI.ARPA, and why
there needs to be two registrations. Wouldn't that actually hurt
interoperability?

I would also like to confirm that there is no URI registration process
needed for this document.  This doesn't mean that I don't take Ted's and
Leslie's comments seriously.  Indeed I will ask them for all of their
review comments, because they can further improve this work.

Eliot