[registration-issues-wg] [CPWG] [Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - Final EPDP Report
Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi
Hadia at tra.gov.eg
Thu Feb 21 06:11:57 UTC 2019
Our statement was put in Annex G - EPDP Team Group Statement along with the statements of all the other groups apart from the BC. Annex F - Minority Statement has only the statement of the BC
From: CPWG <cpwg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
Sent: 21 February 2019 06:54
Subject: [CPWG] Fwd: [Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - Final EPDP Report
I was not aware that the document we submitted in response to the draft version would be included in this version as a minority statement, but I don't think it causes any harm and most of the points are still applicable.
From: Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>
To: "council at gnso.icann.org" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 20:56:53 +0000
CC: "gnso-epdp-team at icann.org" <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
Subject: [Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - Final EPDP Report
As Rafik is traveling and in the interest of time, we are hereby sending you the EPDP TeamâEUR(tm)s Final Report. Per a request from last weekâEUR(tm)s Council meeting, we are attaching two versions of the report: (1) a clean version and (2) a red-lined version, which highlights the changes from the draft final report that was sent last week.
As you review the Final Report, we would like to highlight the main updates made since the last version:
1. The chair has included the consensus designations in the body of the Report. You may also review the table of consensus designations in Annex E of the Final Report.
2. The following recommendations have been edited for clarification:
* Recommendation 6 - registrars may allow registered name holders to consent to publish redacted data elements
* Recommendation 7 - the fiirst table has been deleted in order to clarify which data elements are optional for registries to transfer to registrars
* Recommendation 9 - the language was been edited slightly to note that Contractual Compliance may request registration data elements under the Purpose 5 table, but the requests will be narrowly-tailored and fit for purpose
* Recommendation 11 - the Team notes itt is expecting additional legal guidance with respect to the city field, and, accordingly, this recommendation may be revisited in Phase 2 of the TeamâEUR(tm)s work
* Recommendation 12 - the text hhas been altered to note that publication of the Organization field is a requirement for registrars, not registries. Additionally, registrars must phase into this treatment of the Org field by no later than 29 February 2019.
* Recommendation 14 - a note was added to that PPSAI is currently in implementation and it will be important to understand the interplay b/w this recommendation and the PPSAI IRTâEUR(tm)s work. Further work may be considered in Phase 2.
* Recommendation 15 - the data retentionn period has been changed to 15 months
* Recommendation 17 - text edited for claarity
* Recommendation 18 - the text has been clarified to note that registrars and registries must reasonably consider and accommodate requests for lawful disclosure and reasonable requests for disclosure must be responded to within 30 days
3. Group statements, the Minority Statement and responses to Consensus calls were submitted during the week prior to the close of deliberations. Issues raised in those submissions regarding Final Report inconsistencies, errors, and vagueness (as well as several substantive amendments) were discussed following receipt of the reports and amendments were made where the group agreed with those requested edits.
Vice President, Policy Development Support - GNSO, Internnet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.
Gnso-epdp-team mailing list
Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org
CPWG mailing list
CPWG at icann.org
More information about the registration-issues-wg