[rssac-caucus] Two brainstorm suggestions Re: Invitation to RSSAC Caucus meeting at IETF in Dallas.

Wang Wei wangwei at cnnic.cn
Mon Mar 23 00:20:16 UTC 2015

Dear Liman

	Thanks you for hosting Caucus meeting. I really enjoy the
communication with every members this afternoon.

	Here I just want to send you formally the suggestions I raised in
brainstorm session.

	1) draft report on expectation and measurement of root servers from
customers side
	RSSAC 001 and 002 focus on the expectation and measurement of root
servers from root operators side.
	But considering DNS resolution mechanism, the one-way measurement
from root operators would not be able to reflect root service seen on the
stub-resolvers or recursive servers.
	During the root mirror instances deployment in China, we found the
end user side measurement is vital for root service evaluation and planning.
	We suggest that expectation and measurement from customer side
should be considered, like what ICANN test New gTLD.

	2) involve more parties in root operation
	At least for emergency response and communication, local root mirror
hosts should be informed and could provide assistance.
	Some recursive operators should also be considered if they load
zonefile in cache as described in draft-ietf-dnsop-root-loopback-01.

	Hope these suggestion might help.

	Btw, I just quit from CNNIC, could you please replace
wangwei at cnnic.cn into wesley at zdns.cn in the mailing list?
	thanks

Regards
Wang Wei