[rssac-caucus] FOR REVIEW: DRAFT RSSAC002 Version 2

Steve Sheng steve.sheng at icann.org
Tue Nov 17 20:04:30 UTC 2015

Dear RSSAC Caucus,

  Attached please find RSSAC002 version 2 for your review. In this version, we made the following changes based on the RSSAC caucus discussions led by Duane:

  *   Section 2.2 (The size of the overall root zone) was amended to clarify that TCP size prefix octets are not included in the metric.
  *   Section 2.4 (The query and response size distribution) was amended to clarify that TCP size prefix octets are not included in these metrics.
  *   Section 2.4 was amended to include 0-15 in size ranges to be tabulated.
  *   Superfluous quotes around YAML keys were removed from example YAML in sections 4.1 (The ‘load-time’ Metric) and 4.2 (The ‘zone-size’ Metric).
  *   Indentation was fixed for example YAML in sections 4.3 (The ‘traffic-volume’ Metric) and 4.6 (The ‘unique-sources’ Metric).
  *   Section 4.5 (The ‘rcode-volume’ Metric) was amended to clarify that nonzero counts should be omitted.

  In addition, we made the following organizational changes:

  *   Make this document RSSAC002 version 2
  *   Added a Revision History section (see section 7).

  Attached please find the redline, clean word and PDF version. Since the proposed revisions have already been discussed and agreed on the caucus list, we will give this update a 7 day additional review period. Please provide your feedback, if any, no later than 23 November 2015. After that, this document will be sent to RSSAC for formal action.

Best,
Steve