[rssac-caucus] [Non-DoD Source] FOR REVIEW: DRAFT RSSAC002 Version 2

Kash, Howard M CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) howard.m.kash.civ at mail.mil
Thu Nov 19 12:24:09 UTC 2015

Section 4.1, second paragraph, "The latency in the distribution system" needs
to be changed to "Latency in publishing available data".

Section 3, third bullet - is this still true?  If this was for NSD, it has
been corrected.

Section 2.1 - For v3 of the document I would like to see more details on how
this value should be computed, for the sake of consistency.  For example, I
have six servers that receive notifies directly from the distribution masters.
Should the load-time value be computed on each server separately and then
averaged (this is what I am currently doing)?  Or should the notify and load
times from all servers be collected centrally and the value computed by
subtracting the earliest (first received) notify time from the latest/last
load time?  What if a notify is never received (by an individual server in
the first case or by any of the servers in the second case)?

Section 2.1, second paragraph - "may present as anomalies in measurements",
perhaps change to "may introduce anomalies"?

Section 4.1, "If not load-time metric is available...", change "not" to "no".

Section 5, make title plural (Recommendations)

Thanks,
Howard