[rssac-caucus] Opening RSSAC-002 for revision [AXFR]

Romeo Zwart romeo.zwart at ripe.net
Wed Oct 21 10:23:57 UTC 2015

On 15/10/21 12:14 , Ray Bellis wrote:
> On 21/10/2015 10:34, John Bond wrote:
>
>> I agree with romeo here, this measurement and the whole of the RSSAC002
>> document was, to mt knowlage, intended to measure the impact of scaling
>> the root zone and is not intended as a consistency check.. I would also
>> like to echo Duane's comment.  This was discussed at length during the
>> document draft, unfortunately the archives don't go back that far but i
>> could forward relevant mails of list if people are interested.
>
> OK, but if the document is being opened for editing could paragraph 3 at
> least be amended to remove the text about "to ensure consistency in the
> root system" ?
>
> Then at least the original intent and the document might be consistent ;-)

I'd be quite in favour of that. :)

As a matter of fact, in view of that original goal, I even would want to
go further and propose to measure root zone size at a canonical source
and not at the root server level.

I guess that would beg the question if this metric would even have to
remain as part of rssac-002.

Cheers,
Romeo