[rssac-caucus] root zone archive

Steve Sheng steve.sheng at icann.org
Thu Sep 17 13:16:47 UTC 2015

Hi Joe,

 Attached please find what I can find prior in 1999 for root hint files or
cache at some recursive implementations.

 Prior to 1999, the names dropper mailing list contains a lot of
information.

 If you do a search for root servers, there are a lot of information come
up that goes all the way back to 1984. The names dropper list also
documents the fragmentation issue that was discovered around 1994-1995
timeframe.

 http://marc.info/?l=namedroppers&w=2&r=40&s=root+server&q=b

Hope this helps.

Steve