[rssac-caucus] NSID or other identifying support by rootops?

Colin Petrie cpetrie at ripe.net
Tue Sep 22 18:36:33 UTC 2015

Hi all,

On 21/09/15 21:33, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> On 9/21/15, 12:27 PM, "rssac-caucus-bounces at icann.org on behalf of Jaap
> Akkerhuis" <rssac-caucus-bounces at icann.org on behalf of jaap at NLnetLabs.nl>
> wrote:
>>> Greetings again. In a definitely non-exhaustive survey, it appears
>> that F,
>>> H, K, and L respond to the EDN0 NSID (RFC 5001) query.
>>>
>>> 1) Are there others that do so, at least on some of their hosts?
>> I think at least I does.
> Ah, I see that now from a different location.

Quick plug for more locations to see things from :)
https://atlas.ripe.net/results/maps/root-instances/

Very interesting to browse around. Those maps are a great example of the
'utility' of the per-node information.

(PS those maps are for hostname.bind/id.server, not NSID, because
hostname.bind seems more supported than NSID)

>>> 2) Are there rootops who do per-host identification in some other way?
>> I seem to remember that K answers the usual CHAOS hostname.bind queries,

K answers NSID, hostname.bind and id.server

Cheers,
Colin

--
Colin Petrie