[rssac-caucus] DNS Root Server System history - input

Arturo Servin arturo.servin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 00:16:12 UTC 2016

Hi

I really enjoyed reading the document. I am not young but unfortunately I
wasn't yet there to have much of feedback.

In all the initial tables 1-2 the software was included, later in 3 there
isn't any mention. I wonder if this is because there isn't information or
if it wasn't consider relevant anymore.

Before moving to Section 3 it would be good to have a simple table
summarizing the 13 root servers (you have the table at the Appendix but I
think it would be interesting to have it at the end of the section as a
nice conclusion.

I know that you provide the statements verbatim from the operators, but
there are some that do not read as well as the rest of the document. Could
you ask some of the operators to rewrite a little some of the statements or
provide them with some editorial suggestions?

The ones that I really like and could be used as an example are B, F, I and
M. The ones that I suggest some rewrite are A (J it is much better and less
commercial. A it is like a PR statement ...) For others I will suggest to
make it more about the node history, why it was important to deploy and not
so much about the people (which are important but not central to the
document).

Regards
as