[rssac-caucus] FOR REVIEW: Elements of Potential Root Operators v2.

Andrew Mcconachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Fri Sep 23 17:19:13 UTC 2016

Dear RSSAC Caucus,

On behalf of the work party for RSSAC Workshop 2 Statement 4, attached please find Key Technical Elements of Potential Root Operators version 2.2. Redline and clean versions in both pdf and MS Word are attached.

Duane and I worked to include the feedback we received from the two conference calls we had on this document.

Three things that we feel should be highlighted:
1. Section 3.3.7(Address Registries) has been largely rewritten.

2. Section 3.6.4(Openness and Participation) has been removed. A single sentence referencing DNS-OARC and DITL collection has been added to section 3.6.1(Data & Measurement).

3. We would like to request more feedback on the usage of RFC 2119 language(e.g., SHOULD, MUST, MAY). Please discuss on the list.

Thanks,
Andrew