[rssac-caucus] Second round review on "Technical Analysis of the Naming Scheme Used For Individual Root Servers"

Terry Manderson terry at terrym.net
Thu Apr 27 01:22:57 UTC 2017

Paul and the RSN Work Party,

Thank you for this latest version. I have read it and I am very pleased with the tone of the document and the reserved recommendations. The scope of work was certainly a substantial ask, and with investigation it seems entirely premature to make any recommendations of change based on what we know today.

I especially like recommendation 7.2. It is finally the shift (IMHO) that is required here in terms of gaining a deeper understanding of resolver behaviours such that should RSSAC at some future point make recommendations for the Root Server System, those changes are well grounded and cognisant of the true technical impact(s) on resolvers.

Well done.

Terry