[rssac-caucus] MTU, MSS and Frag

George Michaelson ggm at algebras.org
Mon Mar 27 00:23:20 UTC 2017

Its an open point. I certainly do think its bad, but I absolutely
concede others might think it's either benign, or even good. I'm
struggling to hypothesise how it could be good to have distinct
fragmentation outcomes which are essentially unknowable in advance for
a specific client, and the debug qualities for a large provider facing
reports of problem from point A which are unrepeatable from point B
stand out to me, but I suppose it is in that set of things which fall
to "diversity is good".

If it is intentional, wouldn't it be better to have it documented?

-G