[rssac-caucus] cryptopan implementations and "Recommendations on Anonymization Processes for Source IP Addresses Submitted for Future Analysis"

John Heidemann johnh at isi.edu
Wed Aug 15 05:48:22 UTC 2018

The "Recommendations on Anonymization Processes for Source IP
Addresses Submitted for Future Analysis" document had moved the caucus
for discussion.

One of its proposed anonymization schemes was Cryptopan, from the work
of Xu, Fan, Ammar and Moon from Georgia Tech.

For folks who are interested, an update about cryptopan:  we pulled our
implementation out into a library, at
<https://ant.isi.edu/software/cryptopANT/index.html>.

GaTech has an implementation as well.  Ours was done independently from
theirs (theirs was not released when we started), but both follow their
paper.  We identified some small implementation differences that prevent
interoperability, but it would be fairly easy to align them.  I think
that points to the clarity of the original paper.

Details are at <https://ant.isi.edu/software/cryptopANT/index.html>.

   -John Heidemann