[rssac-caucus] [Ext] Best Practices for the Distribution of Anycast Instances of the Root Name Service WP Conclusion

Andrew Mcconachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Fri Feb 23 10:37:20 UTC 2018

Thanks Russ and Terry for the comments. I likely misread the consensus on list regarding recommendation 3.

One thing I noticed when deleting it was that there are no other references to RPKI anywhere else in the document. There is no associated discussion of RPKI in the document to serve as background for the recommendation. Given that, and taking into account the discussions on the Caucus list as well as discussions in the work party. What do members think about using the following text as a new recommendation 3?

"The RSSAC Caucus should investigate and assess the value of the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) as a possible framework for validating the route advertisements of RSOs."

Please indicate on list if the above rewording is satisfactory or propose new text. Especially if you previously sent mail to the list on this topic.

Please respond by March 2nd, and please keep in mind that this will not become a publication and as such does not represent consensus opinion of the RSSAC or RSSAC Caucus. It will merely be used a starting point if/when this topic is ever explored again.

Thanks,
Andrew