[rssac-caucus] Including the ASN advice in the anonymizing document

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Fri Feb 23 22:02:27 UTC 2018

Thanks Paul,

I have mixed feelings.

On one hand I think inclusion of AS mapping probably weakens the effect of anonymization to the point where an operator concerned enough to anonymize probably wouldn't want to risk including the AS mapping data.

On the other hand I think it could be interesting to consider IP->AS as an anonymization technique all on its own.

Lastly, I think none of our current capture/collection tools have good support for IP->AS mapping.  Not really RSSAC's problem, I know, but someone would have to fund and develop this feature in the tools.

DW