[rssac-caucus] Resolver Study Work Party call for Monday

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Fri Jan 11 00:52:11 UTC 2019

Greetings again. The Resolver Study Work Party is having another virtual meeting on Monday (see copy of invitation below), and I wanted to give people a chance to be prepared for the call. There are two main topics of discussion.

Testbed for resolver software -- As promised on the last call, I have an early version of testbed available. Please see
  https://github.com/icann/resolver-testbed
At this point, you can build the framework for the testbed, but it doesn't actually do any testing. It would be grand if other folks interested in the testbed would comment on the way it is going and maybe even contribute code. The next major step is to discuss how the tests will be structured.

Testing resolvers on the Internet -- On the last call, APNIC said that they would provide a list of their research results, and give detail about how their tests are actually run, such as the Javascript used on the clients and the setup of the name servers and web servers. That hasn't happened yet, but we still look forward to it. There was also interest in starting to flesh out test methodologies for creating new, reproducible tests that can be run in parallel with the APNIC work.

--Paul Hoffman

[rssac-caucus] Resolver Study Work Party | RSSAC Caucus Teleconference Call | Monday 14 January 2019 | 16:00 UTC

Dear RSSAC Caucus members,

Our next RSSAC Caucus Resolver Study Work Party Teleconference Call is scheduled on Monday 14 January 2019 from 16:00–17:00 UTC. For other times: https://tinyurl.com/yazoa7k2

Remote Participation:

http://participate.icann.org/rssac-caucus

Phone bridge: +1 866-780-9216
(Dial in numbers for other countries listed in the bottom of email)
Participant passcode 4927450

To request a dial-out please e-mail mario.aleman at icann.org

For additional information of the work party:

https://community.icann.org/display/RSSAC/RSSAC+Caucus+Resolver+Study+Work+Party

Dial in numbers*: (long list elided; see original message from December 14 for the list)