[RSSAC Caucus] Preparation Material for Rouge RSO WP Call #12

Steve Sheng steve.sheng at icann.org
Wed Mar 17 20:06:30 UTC 2021

Dear RSSAC Caucus Members,

  A reminder, the next RSSAC Caucus Rogue RSO WP Call (#12) will be on Mar 23, 2021 02:00 PM UTC (10:00am EDT). In preparation for this call, the writing team got together and updated the document. The latest document is attached, and the google doc is at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XS2dIl_Sv1f7e4pA19QHnHEmLgRSkgEI2-zD7Tp0hog/edit?usp=sharing

  Major changes in this revision includes:

  *   2nd-to-last paragraph of the introduction where we restate that this document only applies to the behaviors of IANA-designated RSOs.  We are specifically NOT discussing behaviors of non-RSO responders.

  *   2nd paragraph of section 3 discussing that the future governing body has the task of determining intent.

  *   Removal of subjective example #2 "Reduction in trust" -- we cannot find a good way to express the difference in intent between what we can imagine as rogue versus a legitimate criticism of the RSS.

  *   Removal of the recommendations -- we do not _need_ to make recommendations, and the recommendations listed (define process or complete list of rogue behaviors, develop detection techniques, develop mitigation) are already addressed in RSSAC037

  *   Removal of Appendix A on guiding principles, instead put a placeholder to reference an upcoming RSSAC document that focuses on the principles.

   The WP Chair would like to ask you to review this document and bring any feedback you have to the call. Specifically, in section 3, description of a Rogue Operator, your input on whether the title for the descriptions (in bullet points) accurately matches the description itself would be much appreciated.

Best
Steve Sheng