[RSSAC Caucus] Nomination Period: RSSAC Liaison to the ICANN Nominating Committee

Naveed Bin Rais naveedbinrais at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 19:50:15 UTC 2023

Dear All,

I want to nominate myself for the role of RSSAC Liaison for the Nominating
Committee (NomCom) for the upcoming year. My journey with RSSAC started in
2015 when I joined the Community Onboard Pilot Program under the Mentorship
of Lars-Johan Liman. Since then, I have been affiliated with RSSAC Caucus
and have already served as Fellowship Program Mentor for RSSAC for the
years 2019-2021. I have been associated with ICANN in different capacities
and with SO/AC in the last 10 years, which provides me with a diverse
knowledge and experience of ICANN community mode of work and mandate across
different communities. I have previously served as ICANN Fellowship Lead,
ICANN Fellowship Coach, ICANN Fellowship Program Mentor, member of 2nd
Security, Stability, and Resilience Review Team (SSR2-RT), member of GNSO
Standing Selection Committee (SSC) member, and ALAC member selected by the
Nominating Committee, to describe a few. By profession, I am a Professor of
Computer Engineering with Research Interest in the Protocols, Naming, and
Addressing, along with Network Architectures. I believe that my diverse
professional and ICANN community experience makes me a good fit to serve on
the Nominating Committee.

Thank you.

Regards,
Naveed -